- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
The St. Louis Section and the Refractory Ceramics Division of the American Ceramic Society will sponsor the 38th annual symposium with the theme "Refractories for Continuous Casting of Steel" March 21-22, 2002, in Chesterfield, Mo. at the DoubleTree Hotel & Conference Center. Jeff Smith of the University of Missouri-Rolla is the program chair.
The two-day program will feature the following talks:
- "Cathodoluminescence Study of Oxide Inclusions in Continuously Cast Steel,” M. Karakus, J.D. Smith & K.D. Peaslee, University of Missouri-Rolla
- "Simulation Studies of Nozzle Clogging for Continuous Casting of Steel,” K.D. Peaslee & J.D. Smith, University of Missouri-Rolla
- "Chemical Trapping of Inclusions in the Tundish," R.C. Bradt & M.A.R. Sharif, University of Alabama
- "Tundish Refractories." J.W. Stendera, Vesuvius USA
- "Monolithic Tundish Safety Linings—Material Aspects and Wear Factors," A. Buhr & R. Racher
- "Non-Fibrous Insulation of Submerged Nozzles for Continuous Casting," G. Schrick, D. Gotthelf, A. Buhr & R. Racher, Alcoa World Chemicals
- "Ultimate SEN Quick Changer (UQC)," H. Ohba, K. Ohtsuka, T. Matsunaga & J. Funato, Krosaki Harima Corp.
- "Improvement of Durability of SN Plate for Ladle," Y. Yamamoto, I. Sasaka & K. Asano, Krosaki Harima Corp.
- "Refractory Selection for Efficient Reheat Furnace Operation,” B. Tracey, North American Manufacturing
- "Dry Vibratable Refractories for Steel Finishing Applications," B. Porter, Allied Mineral Products, Inc.
- "Oxycombustion in Steel Reheat Furnaces: Refractories Issues," M. Grant, B. Zamuner & R. Tsiava, Air Liquide-CRCD
- "Carbon Containing Castables," H. He & M. Rigaud, Ecole Polytechnique CIREP
- "Continuous Casting Mold Fluxes Characterization," E. Divry, E. Paransky & M. Rigaud, Ecole Polytechnique CIREP
- "Degradation of Carbon's Cathodes in Aluminum Reduction Cells," R. Pelletier & C. Allaire, Ecole Polytechnique CIREP
- "Slag Forming in Steel Foundries," J.M. Soto, J.D. Smith & K.D. Peaslee, University of Missouri-Rolla
- "NaOH Vapor Measurements Using a Beta-Alumina Cell," J.M. Almanza, T.G. Burns, M. Velez, D. Robertson & R.E. Moore, University of Missouri-Rolla
- "Formation of Spinel from Bauxites", F.N. Cunha & R.C. Bradt, University of Alabama
The cost for the symposium is $225 pre-registration and $275 on-site. For further information, contact Patty Smith at (573) 341-6265, fax: (573) 341-6151 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.