- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
After a successful series of technology and marketing classes in 2009, sponsored by the AT&T Foundation, HandMade in America (HIA) has been seeking ways to continue its efforts in creating educational and meaningful programming for craft artists. Over the months of November and December in 2009, artists participated in weekly networking and brainstorming sessions to discuss challenges in their careers and creative process, offer systems of support, and exchange ideas.
From these meetings it became apparent that artists still want and need more education, brainstorming and networking. To support this need, HIA will facilitate the HandMade Creative Lab and Social Mixer Series. This artist-led series will be held from 5:15-6:45 p.m. every second Monday of the month (January-May, 2010) at the HandMade in America Design Lab, 125 S. Lexington Ave., Suite 102, Asheville, NC 28801. In order to make these meetings more accessible, a one-time sliding fee structure will cover entry to all events. Attendees can contribute what they can and will be asked to join HandMade in America’s Craft Registry, which is free, and bring ideas to share with the group.
The first event will be held January 11, and the topic is “New Year’s Creative Re-orientation for Artists.” Talking points will include:
- How do you reset priorities and let creativity drive your business?
- Where do you get stuck and what keeps you there?
- Gain insight from colleagues on your possible next actions steps.