- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Rio Tinto recently reported underlying earnings for its fiscal 2011 year of $15.5 billion, 11% above 2010 numbers. Net earnings were $5.8 billion, 59% below last year, primarily due to an impairment charge of $8.9 billion related to the group’s aluminum businesses. In 2011, profit for the year was $6,765 million, vs. $15,098 million in 2010; $939 million was attributable to non-controlling interests, leaving $5,826 million of net earnings attributable to owners of Rio Tinto.
“Rio Tinto performed strongly in 2011, generating another set of record-breaking underlying earnings and cash flow numbers, in a year characterized by increasingly unpredictable markets,” said Jan du Plessis, chairman.
For more information, visit www.riotinto.com.