- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Rio Tinto recently announced it has received a binding offer for its specialty aluminas business from H.I.G. Rio Tinto will reportedly respond to the binding offer following consultation with the relevant European works councils.
“The potential sale is in line with our strategy of continuing to streamline our aluminum group through the divestment of non-core assets,” said Guy Elliott, CFO of Rio Tinto.
The specialty aluminas business is reportedly the largest integrated supplier of non-metallurgical grade aluminas with four production sites: Gardanne, La Bâthie and Beyrède in France; and Teutschenthal in Germany. It employs 730 people.
For more information, visit www.riotinto.com.