- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The NSG Group recently informed employee representatives in its Architectural Glass Europe business that it plans to keep one of the two furnaces of its Gladbeck float plant in Germany out of operation until at least the end of the calendar year. The decision was reportedly made due to reduced demand across Europe in the company’s three main business sectors (solar energy, automotive and architectural products), as well as an overcapacity in the European glass industry.
Production at the Gladbeck float line was interrupted in mid-April for a planned cold repair. The refurbishment of the line is still under way but, due to the competitive environment in Europe, it was decided not to resume production until market demand recovers.
For additional information, visit www.nsg.com.