- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
New detector and sample viewport options are now available for this company’s Orbis micro-XRF elemental analyzer system. The new detector is reportedly a thermoelectrically cooled 50 mm2silicon drift detector (SDD) capable of high-resolution spectral acquisition at high count rates.
In applications where the detector is signal “starved,” the new SDD detector can collect the same spectral data in half the time as a standard Orbis 30 mm2SDD detector. In applications where the standard SDD detector is signal saturated (e.g., measurements on ferrous alloys), the use of the new detector can be beneficial since the X-ray tube current can be reduced, which can potentially extend tube life.
For additional information, visit www.edax.com.