- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Kyocera Corp. recently announced its consolidated financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013. On a consolidated basis, first quarter net sales were ¥297,726 million (~ $3,769 million), a decrease of 2.5%. A loss from operations of ¥2,002 million (~ $25 million) was recorded due to the remediation charge at AVX Corp.
Sales of components used in consumer electronics increased during the first quarter, compared with the three months ended March 31, 2012; however, total quarterly revenue fell below that of the prior first quarter, due mainly to a decline in sales of mobile phone handsets and components.
For additional information, visit http://global.kyocera.com.