- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Ceradyne Inc. recently announced it has received a contract for a newly designed lightweight ceramic armor system for groin armor protection inserts (GAPIs). The first article testing (FAT) is scheduled to ship in the third quarter, with the initial production order scheduled shortly after. The value of the FAT and initial order is approximately $658,000. The balance on the contract of $5,888,000 may be shipped at the government’s discretion over a period through August 8, 2017.
“We are pleased that the U.S. Army has selected Ceradyne for this new armor design,” said David Reed, president of North American operations. “We continue to believe our lightweight boron carbide/composite system offers our soldiers state-of-the-art weight and ballistics on the battlefield.”
For additional information, visit www.ceradyne.com.