- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) recently announced it will play a role in the new National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute announced by the U.S. Department of Commerce and Department of Defense in Youngstown, Ohio. The $30 million grant was awarded to the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining as a partnership between dozens of companies, universities and nonprofit organizations in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. The goal of the pilot institute, scheduled to launch in September, is to increase the successful transition of additive manufacturing technology to manufacturing enterprises within the U.S.
SME will be involved in technology transition and dissemination, as well as the education and training of practitioners through the institute.
For additional information, visit www.sme.org.