- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Alfred University recently announced that Jinghong Fan, professor of mechanical engineering, and two of his graduate students have received the Orr Best Paper Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers from the editorial board of the Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology (JMET) and the ASME-Materials Division. Fan and his graduate students, Long He and Ross Stewart, received the award for their article, “Concurrent and Hierarchical Multiscale Analysis for Layer-Thickness Effects of Nanoscale Coatings on Interfacial Stress and Fracture Behavior,” which was published earlier this year.
The award will be presented at the ASME Annual Congress, which will take place November 9-15 in Houston. Fan, Long He and Stewart have been invited to deliver a lecture and receive the award November 14.
For additional information, visit www.alfred.edu.