- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Alfa Aesar, a Johnson Matthey company, recently announced the implementation of new product labels for its research chemicals, metals and materials. The new labels were reportedly designed and developed based on customer requests and the advent of new Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) guidelines from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Adopted in June 2012 and being phased in for all new products, these labels feature more extensive physical data and new standardized elements for product safety. The improved labels are expected to benefit customers by including physical property information such as formula weight, melting point and density, as well as standardized hazardous statements and pictograms, and standardized precautionary phrases.
For additional information, visit www.alfa.com.