- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Paragon Industries L.P. recently announced it has just added a third CNC computer-controlled firebrick router to its Mesquite, Texas, factory. The router reportedly cuts element grooves in pre-assembled and cemented kiln walls, roofs, and lids. The roofs and lids are used in glass fusing kilns; the walls are used in square front-loading ceramic, glass fusing, and heat treating kilns.
The third CNC router is reportedly improving kiln production time. “Many years ago, we grooved the firebrick lids of glass kilns by hand,” said John S. Hohenshelt, president. “Our three CNC routers cut grooves much faster than we imagined possible in those days. The grooves are consistent and accurate.”
For additional information, visit www.paragonweb.com.