- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC) recently announced the decision to shut down AGC Glass North America’s Kingsport, Tenn., plant, reportedly to improve the profitability of its photovoltaic (PV) cover glass operations. This plant closure will reduce the group’s manufacturing capacity for PV cover glass.
The Kingsport plant, which concentrates on raw glass production and fabrication for PV cover glass, will permanently close in November. It is expected that the closure will increase the cost competitiveness of group’s PV cover glass in the world.
For additional information, visit www.agc.com.