- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC) recently announced the decision to shut down AGC Glass North America’s Kingsport, Tenn., plant, reportedly to improve the profitability of its photovoltaic (PV) cover glass operations. This plant closure will reduce the group’s manufacturing capacity for PV cover glass.
The Kingsport plant, which concentrates on raw glass production and fabrication for PV cover glass, will permanently close in November. It is expected that the closure will increase the cost competitiveness of group’s PV cover glass in the world.
For additional information, visit www.agc.com.