- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Unifrax I LLC recently announced it has acquired Lauscha Fiber International (LFI) from Bürger Glass und Fasertechnik GmbH and JLR Holding W.L.L. Bahrain. LFI develops, manufactures, and sells glass microfibers used to create products used in end-user applications primarily in the filtration and battery separator markets.
The LFI business is headquartered in Lauscha, Germany, where its largest manufacturing operation is also located. It also has manufacturing locations in Summerville, S.C.; Sudogda, Russia; and Bahrain. The business has approximately 250 employees, who are now members of the worldwide Unifrax team.
“LFI has a great reputation in the markets it serves, a proud heritage and excellent people,” said David E. Brooks, president and CEO of Unifrax. “LFI’s fiber products and manufacturing technology will nicely complement our Unifrax products and processes.”