- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Rio Tinto Minerals recently unveiled its Asia Technology Centre (ATC) in Suzhou, China, to serve the growing market for borates in Asia. Borates are found in a variety of products, including high-technology glass used in flat screen televisions and laptops, and fiber glass to make buildings energy efficient.
The ATC is reportedly fully developed with laboratories, offices and work spaces, and built for growth. Construction of the center, designed for LEED silver certification for energy efficiency and low environmental impact, began in March 2012. It was completed in November 2012 with no lost time injuries in 126,000 hours of work.
The ATC provides internal capabilities in glass and ceramics, metals, and advanced materials, as well as agriculture and specialty chemicals to support RTM’s research and development expansion in Asia.
For additional information, visit www.riotinto.com.