- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Greg May, manager of Acme’s Wheeler plant in Jonesboro, Ark., was recently recognized as the Acme Plant Manager of the Year (PMOTY) in an awards ceremony. He also received the award in 2006.
May began his career with Acme in 1975, after attending Barton County Community College in Great Bend, Kan., on a baseball scholarship. That year he began working at the Kanopolis, Kan., plant where his father, Sam May, was the plant manager. He became plant manager of the Wheeler plant in 1999 after Acme acquired the company in 2000.
“Since becoming the Wheeler plant manager, Greg has worked diligently to exceed his customers’ expectations,” said Ed Watson, senior vice president of Production. “Greg is an excellent brick-maker, as proven by the product development track record at Wheeler.”
For additional information, visit www.brick.com.