- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC) recently announced it will donate its disaster-resistant glass to Azuma Elementary School in Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan, as part of the effort to support the city, which was damaged by a tornado in May 2012. Approximately 140 sq m of glass at the school gymnasium, a designated evacuation center, will be replaced with AGC’s disaster-resistant glass.
Disaster-resistant glass is a laminated glass designed to hold fragments in place when the glass breaks. It can effectively prevent damage during earthquakes, typhoons or strong winds, protecting people from being injured by glass fragments.
For additional information, visit www.agc.com.