- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Vision Systems, a Research Frontiers licensee and tier-one supplier of SPD smart electronically dimmable windows, recently announced it is expanding its SPD-SmartGlass business activities by opening a production and operations facility in Melbourne, Fla. Vision Systems’ SPD-Smart electronically dimmable windows and partitions reportedly offer instant and precise light control at all levels to provide a solar protection solution for aircraft, boats, and other transportation vehicles.
Vision Systems will reportedly invest approximately $1.2 million in capital expenditures for the project, and is expected to hire workers for the new factory by the end of this year. About 40 manufacturing and engineering jobs will be created from the expansion within three years.
For additional information, visit www.smartglass.com.