- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Mohawk recently announced it has released its fourth annual sustainability report. Since the inception of its formal sustainability reports, Mohawk has reportedly adhered to Global Reporting Initiative guidelines, and the company’s data has been verified by an independent auditing firm. For the second year in a row, the report meets GRI’s requirement for a B+ application level.
“Our success as a company is defined by the choices we make every day,” said Jeff Lorberbaum, chairman and CEO. “As our global footprint continues to grow, we’ll continue to make responsible choices that bring the most value to our stakeholders, our customers and our people.”
“Across our entire organization, 2012 was a tremendous year of progress in employee wellness and safety, as well as in energy, emission, and water reduction,” said William Kilbride, chief Sustainability officer. “We continue to invest in our people, product innovation and process improvements to drive long-term value for our stakeholders and achieve our long-term business goals.”
Highlights from the report include:
- In 2012, recycled nearly 5 million pounds of glass into fashionable tile products.
- Wellness initiatives around nutrition and exercise saw a combined 8,500 lbs lost by participants.
- Earning a Top 5 designation in Training magazine’s annual Top 125 rankings.
- Reduced water usage by 30%, or nearly 1.3 billion gallons, since 2008
For additional information, visit www.mohawksustainability.com.