- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The solar cell glass market showed a 6.8% decline in 2012 over the prior year, according to a recent report from Research and Markets. While photovoltaic (PV) module production increased by about 5 GW, the selling price of glass for solar cells declined by about 20%, causing market shrinkage.
Although the solar cell glass price is expected to continuously show the downward trend in 2013, the rate of decrease is expected to be as low as 4.4%. Thus, it is estimated that the solar cell glass market will enter a recovery phase this year, reaching KRW 2.2 trillion need to convert to $ with a 10% increase over 2012. This upward trend will continue until 2015, with an about more than 10% growth rate.
For more information, visit www.researchandmarkets.com.