- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Asahi Glass Co. (AGC) recently announced plans to build a new manufacturing base in Mexico. With an investment of approximately $60 million, AGC will establish a new company and build a manufacturing facility for laminated automotive glass, which is scheduled to start operations at the beginning of 2016.
Mexico’s automobile production, for light vehicles in particular, is growing in the North American automobile industry. In 2012, the country’s automobile production marked a record high of 3 million units. Steady growth is expected to continue, and the production volume is forecast to reach 4 million units by the late 2010s.
AGC’s new subsidiary in Mexico will be served as its third manufacturing base in North America after the Bellefontaine and Elizabethtown plants run by AGC Automotive Americas Co.
For more information, visit www.agc.com.