- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
U.S. Silica Holdings Inc. recently announced it has entered into an agreement with Union Pacific Railroad (UP) to build a new unit train-capable silica sand storage facility in Odessa, Texas. In addition, the company has completed modifications to its resin-coated sand facility in Rochelle, Ill. These changes now reportedly enable the plant to ship raw sand to multiple destinations across the country. The plant will continue to produce resin-coated sand for the oil and gas and foundry industries.
U.S. Silica and Union Pacific Distribution Services, a subsidiary of Union Pacific Railroad, plan to develop a 20,000-ton frac sand storage facility, which is expected to be operational by the end of 2014. U.S. Silica has reportedly invested approximately $12 million in this state-of-the-art loading facility.
For more information, visit www.ussilica.com.