- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
This company has created a new test intended to simulate the performance of AR-coated lenses, over time. The enhanced simulated wear test (ESWT) is series of tests that can provide a compilation of factors that allows for informative analysis of AR-coating attributes. Like all benchtop test simulations, it is not a replacement for actual wearer trials, as it may not encompass or directly correlate to all the factors that affect long-term performance.
The tests includes two ISO standard tests: ISO 8980-5 is focused on scratch resistance (the ability of a spectacle lens surface to resist damage during the daily cleaning process); and ISO 8980-4, which is focused on exposure.
For more information, visit www.nslanalytical.com/testing/ophthalmic.