- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
The Edward Orton Jr. Ceramic Foundation recently announced it will sponsor a Refractory Short Course June 9-11 in Westerville, Ohio. The course is an intensive combination of classroom lectures and laboratory exercises that address most of the significant topics in the field of refractories, both theoretically and experimentally.
The course intends to introduce participants to ceramic engineering fundamentals of all of the classes of refractories, including their constitution, their application, and some of their degradation and failure processes. Laboratory sessions are designed to provide the participants with direct experience in fabricating test specimens and the application of standard ASTM test methods.
For more information, visit www.ortonceramic.com.