- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The facility will start up in phases, beginning in 2013. By 2016, the company expects to manufacture and market 220,000 tons of construction glass per year, as well as automotive glass for 500,000 vehicles per year. It will employ about 500 qualified people.
AGC reportedly forecasts robust demand in the Brazilian economy, which saw GDP grow 7.5% in 2010 and is likely to achieve stable, sustained growth in the years to come. Glass demand will be fuelled by the local construction and automotive markets. The building sector is stimulated by state investment programs in housing and by upcoming global sporting events. Numerous car makers have announced plans to expand their capacities in Brazil, the world’s fourth largest market for new cars last year.
For additional details, visit www.agc-group.com/en.