- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Quarterly results were impacted by lower London Metal Exchange prices and negative currency impacts. These were partially offset by higher volumes in alumina, flat-rolled products, and engineered products and solutions, as well as the continued benefits from Alcoa’s cash sustainability program.
In the Alumina segment, after-tax operating income (ATOI) in the third quarter was $70 million, a decrease of $24 million compared with second quarter ATOI of $94 million. A 5% decline in realized alumina price, negative currency impacts, and São Luís production recovery efforts were partially offset by higher production, continued productivity benefits, and a favorable tax rate change. Alumina production in the third quarter increased to 4047 thousand metric tons.
For additional details, visit www.alcoa.com.