- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Aldo R. Boccaccini is professor and head of the Institute of Biomaterials at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany. His topic is “Development and Applications of Bioactive Glass and Composite Scaffolds for Bone Engineering: Advances and Challenges.”
Other events being held in conjunction with the McMahon Lecture include a symposium on spark plasma sintering, to take place from 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m., with both sessions in Binns Merrill Hall, Room 106. The symposium is open to both academic and industrial collaborators who are interested in becoming partners with the university in the use of its new spark plasma sintering facility. The new facility will be dedicated at 4:15 p.m. that day.
For more information, call (607) 871-2425 or visit www.alfred.edu.