- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The year 2012 will mark the 50th anniversary of the first experimental studio glass workshops at the Toledo Museum of Art in Toledo, Ohio. The museum will commemorate the past and future of artistic glassworking with a number of special events and activities throughout the year.
To kick off the celebration, three artists-in-residence will recreate a low-tech furnace like the one that was used in the original studio glass workshops. The Museum's Guest Artist Pavilion Project will sponsor an exhibit to detail the beginnings of studio glass.
A glass exhibition titled "Color Ignited: Glass 1962-2012" will also be held from June 13 through September 9. It will run concurrently with the international conference of the Glass Art Society from June 13-16 in Toledo. Nearly 2,000 visitors are expected to attend the conference. For more information, visit www.toledomuseum.org.