Ceramic Industry News

Cabot Microelectronics Completes Epoch Material Acquisition (posted 3/3/09)

March 3, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
ShareMore
/ Text Size+
Epoch specializes in the development, manufacture and sale of copper CMP slurries and CMP cleaning solutions.

Cabot Microelectronics Corp. recently announced that it has completed its acquisition of Epoch Material Co., Ltd. for a total purchase price of approximately $66 million. Epoch was a consolidated subsidiary of Eternal Chemical Co., Ltd. and specializes in the development, manufacture and sale of copper CMP slurries and CMP cleaning solutions to the semiconductor industry, as well as color filter slurries to the liquid crystal display (LCD) industry. As planned, Cabot Microelectronics initially obtained 90% of Epoch’s stock, with the remaining 10% to be transferred to the company from Eternal in 18 months.

“We are excited to begin integrating Epoch with our business, which we believe will enhance our collective ability to innovate, deliver and support high-performing, world-class products to our customers around the world,” said William Noglows, chairman and chief executive officer of Cabot Microelectronics. “We expect that Epoch’s success in copper CMP slurries, along with its strong customer relationships and extensive infrastructure in Taiwan, will provide an excellent opportunity to strengthen and grow our core CMP consumables business, primarily in the area of copper CMP. Additionally, we plan to leverage our global infrastructure to expand the sale of Epoch-branded products to the global semiconductor industry.”

Visit www.cabotcmp.com or www.epochmaterial.com for more information.

Links

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Ceramic Industry Magazine.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

In-Depth Features

These articles detail innovative advanced ceramic and glass materials and technologies.

Podcasts

Sapphire: An Extreme Performer

Ian Doggett of Goodfellow and CI Editor Susan Sutton discuss the benefits and opportunities provided by industrial sapphire.

More Podcasts

THE MAGAZINE

Ceramic Industry Magazine

CI April 2014 cover

2014 April

Our April issue features details on advanced materials such as ceramic matrix composites and piezoelectric ceramics, among many others. Be sure to check it out!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE CERAMIC INDUSTRY STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\Ceramics Industry\handbook of advanced ceramics.gif
Handbook of Advanced Ceramics Machining

Ceramics, with their unique properties and diverse applications, hold the potential to revolutionize many industries, including automotive and semiconductors.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

Directories

CI Data Book July 2012

Ceramic Industry's Directories including Components, Equipment Digest, Services, Data Book & Buyers Guide, Materials Handbook and much more!

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40px twitter_40px  youtube_40pxlinkedin_40