- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Ceradyne, Inc. has received a $12.4 million order for small arms protective inserts (SAPI) lightweight ceramic body armor. The order, which is a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) requirement, was issued by the U.S. Army RDECOM, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Md. The company expects shipments to be completed in the first quarter of 2010.
“We are very pleased to receive this additional FMS body armor order,” said David Reed, Ceradyne’s president of North American Operations. “We believe that the government placed this order with Ceradyne, at least in part, due to its reliable delivery, quality performance on previous SAPI procurements and competitive pricing. This is a new order from the U.S. Army and should not be confused with the XSAPI/ESAPI five-year procurement previously announced.”
Visit www.ceradyne.com for additional information.