- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Ceradyne, Inc. has received a ceramic body armor delivery order for $41.1 million from the U.S. Army, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. The order is for enhanced side ballistic inserts (ESBI), which will be delivered from June through September 2008. This new delivery order will be shipped against an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) contract that was announced in July 2006 and covers a five-year delivery period.
“We are pleased with this recent side plate delivery order, which continues to provide future shipment visibility,” said David P. Reed, Ceradyne president of North American Operations. “Based on non-binding discussions with the Army, we believe there will be further delivery orders in the second quarter.”
Additional information is available at www.ceradyne.com.