- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“We have structured our program to produce not only skilled tradesmen but also competent and flexible employees able to meet the demand from advanced ceramic companies like ours,” said Jack A. Brothers, president of Carpenter Advanced Ceramics.
Apprentices in Carpenter’s program learn how ceramic powders are processed, formed, sintered and machined. They also learn how to operate a variety of conventional machines—such as lathes, mills, grinders and lapping machines—as well as sophisticated CAD/CAM and CNC (computer numeric control) equipment. The program is designed to train and develop up to five ceramic machinists every four years.
For more information about the program, call Carpenter at (610) 208-3034.