- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
BAE acquired the ceramics business through its acquisition of United Defense Inc. in June 2005. These facilities develop and fabricate lightweight ceramic armor systems, semiconductor components and assemblies, and industrial components. Specifically, they manufacture hot-pressed boron carbides, silicon carbides, aluminum nitrides, and other advanced ceramic materials.
“We believe this sale will better position the Vista business to realize its potential in the advanced ceramics market,” said Frank Pope, president of Land & Armaments for BAE Systems.
“With this acquisition, CoorsTek will serve our customers more effectively by offering expanded material options across all markets,” said John K. Coors, chairman, president and CEO of CoorsTek.
For more information, visit www.baesystems.com or www.coorstek.com.