- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Sales in the Display Technologies segment were $815 million, a 7% sequential and 26% year-over-year increase. Specialty Materials segment sales were $299 million, an increase of 6% sequentially and nearly 90% over last year. The business reportedly continues to benefit from strong market acceptance of its cover glass, Corning® Gorilla® Glass, for handheld devices, tablets, and laptop computers.
“We had a very respectable quarter with all of our segments showing double-digit percentage sales growth over last year,” said Wendell P. Weeks, president, chairman and CEO. “Our results were in line with the revised forecast we provided in September, when we first explained that LCD glass volume would be lower than expected as a result of a slowing in panel maker utilization rates and some share loss at SCP.”
For more information, visit www.corning.com.