- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
Corning Inc. recently announced that COWON SYSTEMS, Inc. has selected Corning’s Gorilla™ glass for use in the COWON S9 MP3 player. Corning’s Gorilla glass is an environmentally friendly, thin-sheet glass, which, upon chem-strengthening, provides device manufacturers with a durable, scratch-resistant liquid crystal display (LCD) display cover for high-end mobile devices, touch-screen devices, and applications where high strength and reliability are required.
The COWON S9 features a 3.3-in., AMOLED, capacitive-touch-panel display that provides 16 million colors on 480 x 272 pixels resolution. “Using Corning’s proprietary fusion process, Gorilla glass has a pristine surface quality that promotes clarity and is both strong and damage resistant,” said Mark Matthews, division vice president, Corning Specialty Materials.
Visit www.corning.com or http://eng.cowon.net.