- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
CSL Materials has been awarded a New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) contract to conduct a “Feasibility Study of Energy Reduction and Improved Properties for Sintered Alumina Ceramics.” The company will apply its micro-tailored interfaces (MTI) system to determine any potential process reduction in firing time and temperature needed to sinter dense alumina ceramics, treated with MTI, compared to conventional mixing techniques.
Based on initial work, the company expects to reduce firing temperatures by 150°C and firing times by up to 30%. The nearly $50,000 award is part of NYSERDA’s ongoing Industrial Process and Product Innovations Program.
For more information, visit www.cslmaterials.com or www.nyserda.org.