- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
The preparation of clay is as important today as in ancient times, and these same ancient techniques still work! The following are a few of the demonstrated techniques: tossing clay into slabs and using rolling pins, additive/reductive techniques to create low-relief structures, and hollowing out solid clay. Terms used throughout the DVD include scoring, slip, leather-hard, and firing.
This DVD provides basic information for the student or viewer who either hasn’t had much exposure to handbuilding or is just learning about it. Included is also a ceramics reference guide for wheel thrown pottery, handbuilt pottery, handbuilt clay sculpture, and glazing and firing.
Title: Handbuilt Clay Sculpture
Length: 30 min.
For more information, visit www.crystalproductions.com.