- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Renewable energy’s market share stood at almost 7% in 2006, slightly greater than in 2005. Total renewable consumption stood at 6.844 quadrillion BTU. Consistent with historical patterns, the electric power sector consumed the majority of renewable energy (56%). The industrial sector consumed 28%, with the transportation and commercial sectors using the remainder.
Hydroelectric conventional power had the largest absolute year-to-year change at 186 trillion BTU, but this represented only a 7% increase. Biofuels consumption increased by 164 trillion BTU, or 28%, and wind increased by 80 trillion BTU, or 45%.
The EIA’s website is located at www.eia.doe.gov.