- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
According to “Hard Surface Flooring,” a new study from The Freedonia Group, Inc., U.S. demand for hard surface flooring is projected to advance 3.9% per year to 11.9 billion square feet in 2011, valued at $13.5 billion. Growth will decelerate from the 2001 to 2006 period, mostly due to a significant contraction in residential construction, especially single family housing.
Hard surface flooring is expected to gain market share from carpets and rugs, an ongoing trend for the past decade. Demand will be driven by the growing consumer preference for high-end products like wood, laminates and ceramic tile, as well as an increasing interest in natural and environmentally responsible products, such as natural stone, engineered wood, linoleum, cork and bamboo.
For more information, call (440) 684-9600, fax (440) 646-0484 or visit www.freedoniagroup.com.