- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The 300,000-sq-ft facility will manufacture advanced composite components for aircraft engines and systems for GE Aviation’s growing business. The company is targeting production to begin in 2013; 250 new high-tech manufacturing jobs will reportedly be created by 2016.
“We are excited to expand our production capability in Mississippi with the opening of a second plant that will create hundreds of new high-tech jobs this decade for the state,” said David Joyce, president and CEO of GE Aviation. “GE has invested more than $12 billion in the research and development of reliable technology innovation over the past 10 years, and [this] announcement shows that commitment is paying off.”
For more information, visit www.ge.com/aviation.