- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
“Particularly in today’s difficult market environment, this acquisition demonstrates our company’s capacity for growth,” said Roland Gerner, Ph.D., managing director of W. C. Heraeus. “We at Heraeus intend to continue expanding our business in promising markets worldwide.”
BASF reportedly made the decision to sell these operations after an in-depth analysis determined that they were not core strategic businesses. BASF acquired the businesses in 2006 as part of its acquisition of Engelhard Corp., a leading catalysts manufacturer. Engelhard had pioneered the production of ceramic colors in the early 1900s and entered the thick films sector in the 1970s.
For more information, visit www.heraeus.com or www.catalysts.basf.com.