- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connection
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Imerys North America Ceramics recently announced that it is raising prices for all ball clay, kaolin, feldspar and mica products effective January 1, 2009. All products manufactured in the U.S. will increase f.o.b. price by 7.5% for kaolins and ball clays, and 12.5% for feldspars. In addition to this announced increase, all energy and transportation surcharges will remain in effect.
According to Imerys, unprecedented cost increases in logistics, chemicals, mining and power were key factors in this decision. Despite the company’s continual improvement programs to mitigate these effects, price increases and surcharges are necessary to achieve a sustainable business.
Visit www.imerys.com for more information.