- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Canning will hold office until Corning's annual meeting of shareholders on April 28, 2011, at which time he will stand for re-election. His appointment brings the number of Corning directors to 15; the size of the board has ranged from 13 to 18 directors since 1990.
Canning brings extensive knowledge of finance and private equity investment to Corning’s board. He spent 24 years with First Chicago Corp., most recently as an executive vice president of the First National Bank of Chicago and president of First Chicago Venture Capital, prior to co-founding Madison Dearborn Partners in 1992. He served as MDP’s CEO from 1992 until assuming his current position as chairman in 2007.
For more information, visit www.corning.com.