- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
K0321 (0.5 mm application thickness) and K0323 (1.0 mm application thickness) were developed in response to customer demands for lower weight, LED-compatible, high-transmission, NVIS filter options. The newest designs reportedly allow for the wall thickness of historical LED-compatible filter products to be decreased by 33-67%.
“As there is so much focus in the aerospace industry on weight reduction efforts, Kopp was willing to accept the challenge of developing compositions that could provide thinner designs for filter material,” said Matt Bogart, senior glass scientist. “We welcomed the opportunity to develop formulations that, in addition to meeting civilian and military specifications, would meet our customers’ and their end users’ expectations.”
For more information, visit www.koppglass.com.