- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The manufacturing capability reportedly allows MTC to produce high volumes of complex and unique shapes with precise geometries that other technologies and processing techniques cannot achieve. This is particularly relevant for markets such as computer memory storage, which requires that the PZT element be made in volumes of millions per week with dimensional tolerances of ± 50 microns, electrical tolerances of ± 15% and frequency tolerances of ± 5% on a part that is miniature in size.
High-speed precision diamond dicing equipment can produce very intricate parts with sizes as small as 0.5mm. This same equipment can be used to mechanically remove small amounts of PZT and electrode material to create array patterns or segmented PZT elements. The equipment is routinely used to produce more than 3 million parts per week.
For more information, visit www.morgantechnicalceramics.com.