- THE MAGAZINE
The Critical Santa Fe Symposium will be held October 27-30, 2010, in Santa Fe, N.M. The symposium will be hosted at La Fonda Hotel on the Plaza in Santa Fe, which offers galleries, museums and restaurants in easy walking distance.
This symposium will focus on Developing Criticism in Ceramics with a national and international group of speakers, including critics, educators, students, editors, artists, gallery owners and collectors. Speakers committed to date include Donald Kuspit, Glen Brown, Dave Hickey, Garth Clark, Janet Koplos, Paul Mathieu, Raphael Rubinstein, Gabi Dewald, Tanya Harrod, Elaine Henry, and Moyra Elliot.
Attendance will be limited to 200 in order to facilitate discussion and exchange. A partial list of topics to be addressed includes:
- Elements of the Critical Consciousness, Ceramics and Otherwise
- Defining Criticism in Ceramics
- Ceramics: Material of Consequence or Convenience?
- Publication and Criticism in Ceramics
- Interpreting and Judging Ceramics
- Galleries and Curation as Criticism
- The Future of Ceramics Criticism