- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Contrary to the conventional dry grinding method of jet milling, the S-JET system uses overheated steam as a grinding gas in fluidized bed jet mills. Because steam has a higher sonic velocity than air, the system can achieve a substantially higher circumferential speed of the gas flow within the classifier. Therefore, the acceleration of the particles increases as well, enabling the classification of finer particles.
In addition, steam provides a higher flow of energy compared to air. Jet velocities of up to 1200 m/s can be achieved, and the kinetic impact of the product particles within the fluidized bed increases fourfold. This leads to an increase in mill throughput compared to the throughputs obtained during operation with air (more than double).
Additional details are available at www.netzsch-grinding.com.