- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Comercio’s operations include two plants, one located in Sao Paulo and the other in Rio de Janeiro. The transaction will reportedly allow O-I to fully reflect the results of Comercio’s operations in its financial statements without a reduction for minority partner interest.
“Brazil represents a major component of our global growth strategy due to its rapidly expanding glass container market, which is one of the largest and fastest growing areas within O-I,” said Al Stroucken, chairman and CEO. “Consistent with our strategy, we acquired CIV in northern Brazil in 2010. Now, with the buyout of our minority partner in the south, O-I fully owns the leading glass packaging company in Brazil. As a result, we will realize all of the benefits of our efforts in this dynamic, emerging market.”
For additional details, visit www.o-i.com.