- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (O-I) recently announced that, as a result of the ongoing review of its global manufacturing footprint, the company will close its glass container plant in Lavington, British Columbia, on October 31, 2008. Existing production from the Lavington plant will be transferred to other O-I facilities.
“This closing was driven by our ongoing global asset utilization process, which identified the opportunity to shift our production to other O-I North American facilities, resulting in lower energy consumption and production costs while still meeting current and anticipated market needs,” said Scott Murchison, president, North America Glass Containers.
Approximately 300 employees will be affected. The company will provide assistance to help employees seeking new jobs.
The company’s website is located at www.o-i.com.